A Lifetime of Horror




Why Horror Movies?

As far back as I can remember I have always been watching all sorts of movies. It wasn't until around middle school where I became serious about movies and by the time I hit high school I discovered letterboxd and really found my niche. Horror movies!! More specifically low budget, cult B-rated 80s horror. Such as Maniac, Tourist Trap, Waxwork and so on. 

One memory that will always stick with me is watching From Dusk Till Dawn at my stepdad's mother's house at a young age, probably around 5 or 6. Of course watching it on the big box TV, I called the vampires slobermouths. That was one of the many movies I would watch with my stepdad often (Salma Hayek probably being one of my many gay awakenings). He influenced most of my movie interest to date but unfortunately passed away in 2020. 

I am creating this blog so there's a way I am able to keep the passion that I have alive and sharing the weird and obscure world of 80s horror while at times speaking of new horror such as Curry Barker's Obsession, which I coincidentally became obsessed with myself. 

Letterboxd: madelinerk
Tiktok: standbyme1986
Instagram: screamsofthescreens
Gmail: screamsofthescreens@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthday Horror